Qualification Number (QN):601/3406/9
Credit value: 58
Guided Learning Hours: 282
Total Qualification Time (TQT):580
Awarding Body : EDEXCEL
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration is for learners who work in, or who want to work in the business administration roles .The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:-
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. This includes the knowledge covering the broader cross-organisation processes such as business innovation, financial management and marketing, as well as the principles and practices underpinning the tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above such as methods of communication and information management.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. These include developing and managing administrative systems, processes and staff. For example, using a range of internal and external communication methods and the systems that support them, organising diaries, meetings and travel, managing resources and facilities, managing administrative processes and systems and supervising staff.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification.
What does this qualification cover?
The Pearson Btec Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration is a 58 credit and 282 guided learning hour (GLH) qualification that consists of 5 mandatory units plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 58 credits, where at least 40 credits must be at Level 3 or above.
The 5 Mandatory units:
Unit 01: Communicate in a Business environment (credit 4)
Unit 02: Manage Personal and Professional Development (credit 3 )
Unit 03: Principles of Business Communication and Information (credit 4)
Unit 04: Principles of Administration (credit 6 )
Unit 05: Principles of Business (credit 10)
Optional units will be chosen between yourself and your assessor.
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, observation, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however it is likely that they will be seeking work within the business administrative sector, or they may already be employed in a cross-sector role of function that involves responsibility for carrying out and managing business administrative operations and functions.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners could progress on to a Level 4 qualification in business administration which is designed for learners’ to demonstrate a practiced and complex set of skills including leading and managing a range of defined business administrative functions. Alternatively learners could choose to progress on to management qualifications at Level 3 which are designed to ensure that the learner’s management and leadership skills support productivity and efficiency of the workforce. Qualifications include the following: Qualifications include:
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Management Principles (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management (QCF)
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Personal Assistant
- Team Leader
- Office Executive
- Administrative Manager