ualification Number (QN): 601/5240/0
Credit value: 11
Guided Learning Hours: 76
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 110
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Principles of Business Administration is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the occupational knowledge, skills and attitudes that are required for employment in roles such as Personal Assistant, Office Executive or Administration Team Leader. Learners may already be in employment in one of these roles, be newly appointed or have the intention to work in one of these roles. It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the core underpinning knowledge needed to support employment in the job roles mentioned above. This includes the principles of providing key administrative services such as planning meetings and managing diaries, supervising an administrative team, supporting environmental sustainability, and understanding how to communicate effectively in business environments.
- Develop skills in producing written business communications and positive attitudes to communicating in an effective and professional manner
- Progress to and from Business Administration Apprenticeships. Notably a) from Level 2 Apprenticeships and Business Administration knowledge qualifications; b) providing a scaffold for the knowledge learners require in order to move into Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeships
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. Learners will need to achieve two mandatory units outlined below before Pearson can award the qualification.
The 2 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Principles of Providing and Maintaining Administrative Services (credit 6,GLH 40)
- Unit 02: Communicating in a business Environment (credit 5, GLH 36)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however they may be seeking work within the business and administration sector or be already employed in a business administrative or cross-sector administrative and secretarial role.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Principles of Business Administration can progress to the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Administrator / Administrative Assistant
- Programme Support Officer
- Publishing and Marketing Assistant
- Legal Administrator