Mode of delivery: Distance Learning however you will be assigned a personal assessor for units 02 and 03 as you will need to be observed for some aspect of these units.
Qualification Number (QN):501/0885/2
Course Title: Level 3 Certificate in assessing Vocational Achievement
Credit value: 15
Guided Learning Hours: 84
Total Qualification Time (TQT):150
Awarding Body : NCFE
What is the purpose of this level 3 Certificate in assessing Vocational Achievement qualification?
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
What does this level 3 Certificate in assessing Vocational Achievement qualification cover?
This qualification consists of three mandatory units. You need to achieve all three units to pass this qualification.
The three mandatory units are:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (credit 3, GLH 24)
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment (credit 6, GLH 60)
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding (credit 6, GLH 30)
For Unit 01: You will be required to complete a written assignment
For Unit 02: You will be required to assess 2 learners in the work place using at least 4 different methods of assessment.
- Observation of performance in the work environment
- Examining products of work
- Questioning the learner
- Written assignment and so on
Simulations are not allowed therefore you will be required to have 2 learners that are working towards specific qualifications.
For Unit 03: You will be required to assess 2 learners in a classroom or equivalent setting using at least 4 different methods of assessment
- Assessments of the learner in simulated environments;
- Oral and written questions
- Case studies
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, our college devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 19 and above.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who achieve the level 3 Certificate in assessing Vocational Achievement qualification could progress to ;
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
- NCFE Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Lead Assessor
- Internal Assessor.