When we talk about influence and persuasion, we often talk about marketing and sales. However, we influence in many ways and with great frequency. If you want a raise, sometimes you need to persuade your boss. If you want to convince your team to adopt a change, help your staff make choices, or choose the best place for lunch, there is often influencing taking place. This workshop will help participants learn how to influence and persuade in a variety of areas.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What Topics are Covered?
- What is negotiation?
- The successful negotiator
- Preparing for negotiation
- Making the right impression
- Getting off to a good start
- Exchanging information
- The bargaining stage
- Reaching mutual gain and moving beyond “no”
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Moving from bargaining to closing
- Solution types