The coaching and mentoring online course focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you can foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
The objectives of this coaching and mentoring online course are to:
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
What’s covered in this course?
This coaching and mentoring e-learning course covers the following:
Module One: Getting Started
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- What is Coaching?
- What is Mentoring?
- Introducing the GROW Model
Module Three: Setting Goals
- Goals in the context of GROW
- Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
- Setting SMART Goals
Module Four: Understanding the Reality
- Getting a Picture of Where You Are
- Identifying Obstacles
- Exploring the Past
Module Five: Developing Options
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
- Structuring a Plan
Module Six: Wrapping it All Up
- Creating the Final Plan
- Identifying the First Step
- Getting Motivated
Module Seven: The Importance of Trust
- What is Trust?
- Trust and Coaching
- Building Trust
Module Eight: Providing Feedback
- The Feedback Sandwich
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Nine: Overcoming Roadblocks
- Common Obstacles
- Re-Evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress
Module Ten: Reaching the End
- How to Know When You”ve Achieved Success
- Transitioning the Coachee
- Wrapping it All Up
Module Eleven: How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
- The Basic Differences
- Blending the Two Models
- Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
- Focusing on the Relationship
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations