- Are you currently not in education or employment and would like the opportunity to progress to university or access paid work?
- Did you attend university and did not gain sufficient UCAS points due to circumstances beyond your control and need support to progress?
- Would you like to resit your GCSEs or A Levels to progress to a higher level qualification?
- Would you like to be supported onto an apprenticeship or traineeship in order to progress a career?
- Did you start college and were asked to leave because of your attendance and need a second opportunity to improve in a smaller and well supportive environment?
- Did you start college and were asked to leave because you were under performing and need the opportunity to start again with one to one support?
- Are you in employment but need to further your education?
- Are you a care leaver or preparing to leave care and need the required life skills training?
- Are you not in college and need support in gaining your qualifications?
- Are you a young mother or expected mother and need to continue your education?
As a specialist small college we provide bespoke training to 16-19 year olds, supporting their transitions into work or university via our study programme.
We are specialists in supporting learners who fall in the categories below:
- Learners who require Work Experience
- learners who prefer a more practical environment to be trained in thus require work based learning(Work Placements)
- learners who need bespoke support to fast track into university
- learners aspiring to improve their GCSE results for university
- learners who do not necessarily want to attend larger colleges
- learners who want to study in a smaller environment with opportunities for one to one support
- learners who have attended larger colleges and have been withdrawn for various reasons and are not academically or economically engaging in society
- learners with the need to be trained for employment opportunities
What makes our training unique is that we can be very flexible with the qualification or programme we offer following an Information, Advise and Guidance session. Each learner will have a timetable designed for them.
We can also deliver flexible bespoke training for those who are leaving care such as:
- Life Skills
- Employability Skills
- Money Management
- Health & Safety at Work and so on
Our specialised courses are government-funded and therefore they are free providing the learner is not already in full-time education.
Note that the qualifications we offer are accredited and awarded by Edexcel (BTEC), NCFE and CACHE, very recognised awarding bodies.
Our Specialist qualifications range from:
- Level 2/3 certificate or Specialist Diploma – Teaching Assistance (Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools)
- Level 2/3 – Construction Knowledge
- Level 2/3 – Certificate or Diploma – Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 2/3 – Certificate or Diploma – Health and Social Care
- Level 2/3 certificate or Diploma – Business Administration
- A Levels – Law, Sociology, Psychology, Business, and so on
- BTEC Nationals for University – Law, Health & Social Care, Business, Travel and Tourism
- Legal Secretary
- See more below:
We deliver qualifications that carry UCAS points and we will support with university applications and references. We are a registered UCAS centre.
In addition to the courses mentioned above, our learners have the choice of progressing either of the following BTEC qualifications:
- CSCS Training including exams for the relevant cards
- Level 1 to level 3 – Customer Services
- Level 1 to level 3 – IT User skills
- Entry 3 to level 3 – Health and Safety at Work
- Entry 3 to level 3 – Retail Knowledge
- Entry 3 to level 2 – Like Skills
- Entry 3 to level 2 – Personal Social Development
- Entry 3 to level 2 – (Workskills- Employability Skills)
- GCSE or Functional Skills – Maths or English if these are not yet achieved
We are an exam centre or GCSEs and A levels hence our learners will be able to resit including their Maths and English if they are on a D grade. Exams can also be booked on the same day of the exam(Contact us for details of “on the day of the exam late entry”) This is not encouraged but is available in cases of emergencies for private candidates. (View our GCSE & A level Exam Centre page here)
Our yearly retention, achievement and by extension success rate speaks for itself and a clear testimony that our bespoke strategies work thus the number of students who progresses into work and or university.